Sunday, June 12, 2016

How to avoid buying maternity clothes during pregnancy




1.White Lodge Knitwear // 2.Brighton // 3.J.W. Hulme // 4.Prada // 5.Madewell // 6.Unkown // 7.La Garconne // 8.Nordstrom // 9.Abercrombie // 10.Hatch // 11.Bebe // 12.Madewell // 13.James Perse // 14.American Eagle // 15.American Eagle // 16.Target

Becoming pregnant doesn't mean you have to give up your style and solely buy maternity clothes.  At first I was excited at the thought of buying maternity clothes. However, I found many of the styles to be dowdy or too expensive to justify the price for an item I would only wear for a few months. I didn't buy a single maternity item and here is how I managed to get by: 

TOPS - oversized/flowy tops and tight knit shirts that stretch to show off the bump. Ponchos and cardigans for layering. 

VESTS - wear open, layered over tops and dresses.

DRESSES - bodycon and stretchy knit dresses that are bump friendly as well as loose/oversized styles to accommodate your growing belly.

SKIRTS - stretch fabrics worn with tights or knee high socks.

JEANS - low rise and stretch is key, while using the hair binder trick HERE. I wore my regular jeans the entire duration of my pregnancy.  I have bought many different denim brands in the past (Joe's, 7 For All Mankind, Rock & Republic, Gap, Target, etc.) and my favorite is...American Eagle.  It's the only brand I buy - they fit like a dream, have a great assortment and you can't beat the price.

PANTS - it's all about elastic waistbands and drawstring ties.  

LEGGINGS - pregnant or not pregnant, leggings are my best friend. Since they stretch, they were perfect for my growing belly. Wear them with tunics and dresses. Also, if you have never heard of fleece lined leggings - run to Target - they are the best!

JUMPSUITS - rompers/onesies, whatever you want to call them. I felt like a mama kangaroo. :)

OVERALLS - the adjustable straps allow for your growing belly.

JACKETS - my current wrap style jacket HERE worked great. Otherwise, I would have looked for a cape or over-sized vintage fur coat!

ACCESSORIES - they always fit.

This being said, the above might not work for everyone, but just wanted to share what worked for me.  Whatever you do, embrace your new curves and enjoy your newest accessory...your bump!
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Buy Online Maternity Clothes for pregnant Women, Pregnancy and Feeding Wear Online in India. Shop Epik Moms Maternity Dresses, Maternity Kurtis, Nursing Dress for Ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Buy comfortable padded or wireless maternity cotton sleep bras, lovemereseamless nursing bras Singapore, pregnancy bras & breastfeeding sports bras online. Looking for where to buy the best bra to wear during pregnancy or for nursing mums

    ReplyDelete

© House of Hara. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig